The Innovative Educator: When students own the learning
Looking around my lab, here is what I saw being created:
- Bitstrip comics starring themselves as scientists explaining the diversity of crustaceans.
- Students researching sources using advanced search features for trust-worthy and relevant information
- Online jeopardy game creations
- Using Scratch to create interactive stories
- PowerPoint and Prezi presentations
- Using Flipcams and Moviemaker to create infomercials
- Podcast radio interviews
- Glogster Posters
EdTechIdeas: As teachers, it is often difficult to make a shift from forced learning (teacher delivered content) to student directed learning. I challenge you to just take one lesson; one activity; one afternoon and flip the way you’ve always done it in the past. Take a leap of faith, and relinquish control. See how you feel. Discover how your students feel. Feel the learning.
This message was sent to you by nsandberg via Diigo
Getting too many email alerts? Change your email alert setting preference here.