If you are one of the wonderful schools or school districts that have deployed the use of iPads in classrooms, here is something that you can use to have students turn in their homework/classwork without having to manage 150 emails from all the different students.
- Create a Google account to be able to access Docs. Do not use your personal Google account. Create another one using your work email as the username.
- Once you have created your Google account, your pretty much done. If you want to organize where students can upload their materials then do what I did her and set up some folders.
- This step is for you Google Docs freaks like me that cannot live without it. If you are only going to use the new Google account that you just created then you can skip down to step 4. Now if you are anything like me and would absolutely hate switching from your personal Google Docs account back to your new account you just created just to be able too check your students work, then share the folder or folders with yourself and then you will never need to leave your personal account.
- Right mouse click and select "Share… –> Sharing Settings".
- In the popup box enter your personal Google account email address and click "Share".
- Keep in mind that when you share a folder any subfolders/files that it contains will also be
- Server Address: https://dav-pocket.appspot.com/docs
- Username: Enter your username of the Google account you created in Step 1.
- Password: Enter your password.
In conclusion I think this is a pretty good work around for those of you that are using iPads in the classroom. If anyone has other ideas on how to use WebDAV in the Pages app please feel free to share.